To promote, protect, and facilitate commerce through Virginia's ports and the interests of associated industries and supply chains.
To be recognized and respected throughout Virginia, the nation and the world for its proactive and effective leadership enhancing competitiveness and promoting commerce through Virginia's ports, and promoting the interests of associated industries and supply chains.
- Improving business conditions for our members and industry is VMA's reason for being.
- Our industry and supply chains are stronger and better when our members work together, our founders understood that in 1920 and it is still true today.
- Our world-class port, inland infrastructure, industrial base, and diversity of cargo are of unique strategic and economic value to our nation, commonwealth and region, and thus worth protecting and growing.
- Virginia's stakeholders, decision makers, and constituents make better decisions and investments when continuously educated and informed about the value of our ports and the supply chains that rely on them.
- Trust-built relationships matter, from business dealings to policy making.
- Silos lead to poor decision-making, and the best results come from collaboration and cooperation.
The Virginia Maritime Association exists exclusively to promote, protect, and facilitate commerce through Virginia's ports and associated supply chains. VMA will partner with other organizations in order to carry out its mission; but VMA does not exert efforts or take positions on matters that are not directly related to its mission.
The Virginia Maritime Association is strictly non-partisan. VMA members are encouraged to participate in the political process and express opinions on issues; but the views of individual members do not represent the position of the Virginia Maritime Association.
The Virginia Maritime Association promotes, protects, and facilitates commerce through Virginia's ports and associated supply chains, and supports member businesses through such means as listings in publications and on its website, advertising and sponsorship opportunities, and recognition for contributions to VMA and promoting commerce through Virginia's ports; but VMA does not endorse the products or services of individual businesses.
In pursuit of its mission, the Virginia Maritime Association seeks to collaborate and cooperate with stakeholders in Virginia's port, and maritime and logistics related industries.
The Virginia Maritime Association acts in the best interests of all its members collectively. In the event conflicts arise between members, and only when those conflicts have implications for its broader membership, any involvement by the Virginia Maritime Association will be guided by its duty to its mission to promote, protect, and facilitate commerce through Virginia's ports and supply chains.
The Virginia Maritime Association is committed to inclusivity and to respect for all, knowing that varied experiences and perspectives make VMA stronger and more effective in pursuit of its mission.